Sunday, April 10, 2016

Just when I thought I was out...

Well it's been quite a long time since I sat down and actually thought about writing a post, mostly due to lack of interest in my chosen hobby lately. Yes I still pickup the random retail pack here and there. Of course I still hook up with my flea market guy to add to the monster collection of hits I've accumulated, but tonight I gained some new found love and motivation for this cruel mistress of a hobby. What motivated me to return to attempting to write, you might ask?



VINTAGE!

Yes I've been seduced by the siren call of old cardboard. Let me set the scene for you:

I was canoodling around on the Facebook this afternoon, specifically the local buy/sell page for my area, when I came across a post for a small batch of baseball cards from a "make offer" type of seller. So in a moment of "what the hell am I doing?" I responded. 

This is some what I walked away with:

Apologies for the crappy picture...I'm too excited to sit still and scan everything!

Now it wasn't a very large batch (only 20 cards total) but all of it was vintage. The pictured 1966's was joined by several other nice goodies and all at a "just couldn't pass it up" kind of price.

Amazingly I had been thinking about giving up and getting out, but picking these up has rekindled the fire, so to speak. I'd have to say it's definitely good to be back.

Thanks for your time.

Rog

2 comments:

  1. I can see how picking up those big names could rekindle the collecting bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great bunch of 66's. Glad to see a post

    ReplyDelete